How Innovation Happens: Investment, Creativity, and the Future of the American Economy
On Wednesday, June 6, the second forum in our 2012 discussion series was held at The Aspen Institute in Washington, D.C. The discussion touched upon the disappearance of “idea factories” and what that means for job creation and American innovation, along with what investments government should make in 2013 and beyond to ensure that innovation and creativity continue to be a main driver of job creation.
The discussion was moderated by Walter Isaacson, President and CEO of the Aspen Institute.
- Jon Gertner, Author, The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation
- Justin Rattner, Chief Technology Officer, Intel Corporation
- Representative Rush Holt, U.S. House of Representatives
- Representative Zoe Lofgren, U.S. House of Representatives
- Representative Jared Polis, U.S. House of Representatives
Photos by: Laurence Genon